Friday 31 July 2026
La Fleur de Vigne Restaurant was a good choice for dinner last night, with
Japanese couple chef Takayuki and (pastry chef) Mayuko Nozue combining Japanese
techniques and flavours with French cuisine. Lovely technique and generous
portion size. (certainly NOT the Tully pub, though). Set Menu of three courses.
Wines:
Sancerre Rose, Sancerre blanc blend and a bottle of Joseph Mellot Pinot
Noir
Food:
Smoked Salmon, Crottin de Chavignol (local goat cheese cream), herb
salad, trout roe almonds.
Beef tataki, coriander and mango sauce, yuzu-kosho mayonnaise, onion
chips.
Guinea Fowl croustade, foie gras, mushrooms and cabbage (Wellington
style) caramelised apple and port wine sauce.
Rack of Lamb with thyme, ratatouille, confit lamb croquette, lamb jus
Wasabi mochi tartlet, matcha whipped ganache, brown sugar caramel and mint
sorbet.
Crème brulee with Sancerre honey and goat cheese ice cream.
They have 5/5 reviews. Worth it I reckon.
Smoked salmon
Guinea Fowl
Rack of lamb
Generous foie gras, too
I think that's St. Joseph.
Creme brulee
Wasabi mochi tartlet








I was feeling a bit guilty as I have not been paying enough attention to this blog as I have been busy with my own travels. So having a quiet beer in a pub in Kalgoorlie I thought I should see what Flashy is up to, and what do I get, a posting entirely of descriptions and photos of food! Anyway good to see that you are looking after yourselves. I am having dinner tonight at Kalgoorlie's finest seafood restaurant......what could go wrong there?
ReplyDelete